Ryan is dividing his time between working, taking classes, and making funny faces with Beckett. As for me, I'm working on keeping Beckett out of trouble during the day time (I'm convinced that once your child starts moving around, your sole responsibility as a parent is keeping them from seriously injuring themselves), and making wedding goodies for A Simple Start.
![]() |
| In front of our adorable red brick apartment building |
So far, living here has been a beautiful journey. The first few weeks had very difficult moments, to be sure; there were times when we would find ourselves so overwhelmed we even started second guessing our coming here. But despite the setbacks, we're quickly falling in love with Massachusetts. There's actual weather here (a historic blizzard just came through), and I just can't get enough of the snow. I don't mind shoveling it, and think it creates a stunningly beautiful landscape.
![]() |
| Beckett admittedly wasn't TOO keen on being outside in the blizzard. But we obviously had to check it out. |
I thought our Arizona blood would take forever to thicken coming into the middle of a New England winter, but we've acclimated quickly, and actually prefer things to be a little chillier (my new 'ideal' temperature is 45 degrees. Perfection). Everyone we've met so far have been absolutely awesome, and some are in the exact same boat as us, age and child-wise. Downtown Boston is a dream, and all the sea-side towns we live by are just begging to be explored. So even though it's definitely still a difficult thing to move 2,700 miles away from home, and everyone and everything familiar, living here is shaping out to be a lovely little adventure. I can't wait to see what Boston has in store for our little fam.



0 comments:
Post a Comment